Saturday, 18 December 2010

D.I.Y.ing...

Today is going to be a good day; firstly I shall be making Peppermint Bark which I found on the fabulous Cowbiscuits blog, some Dark Chocolate Fudge and some Caramelised Red Onion Chutney. These are going to be Christmas presents for everyone this year, a slightly random mix of goodies but they are all things that are easy to make and will taste amazing. I'll post pictures of the results tomorrow.



Secondly I have my first date with The Architect tonight, I am again breaking one of my dating rules and agreeing to have dinner with him at an Italian place near Portobello Road, he's asked me to meet him at 6pm which seems a little early for dinner but hey ho. I do like that he intially suggested Thai and when I said it wasn't really a favourite he asked if I'd prefer Italian. Hopefully I won't have a dating disaster story to post tomorrow! UPDATE: I woke up this morning to find a text from The Architect saying he'd "woken up with the flu and didn't want to be sick on our first date so could we reschedule for the new year?" boo.

No date outfit today so I've worn this instead (the dress, tights and socks are all navy)....




Dress: Topshop
Jumper: Miss Selfridge
Belt: Gap
Tights: Dorothy Perkins
Socks: American Apparel
Boots: Shelleys
Earrings: Swished from V
Necklace: My Mums

The snow has finally decided to settle in central London...



.....Only Boy Flatmate and I went out to the garden to play in the snow for a bit, we threw snowballs and made a mini snowman....



....he looks a little more like a birdman than a snowman! Here is the house this years Apprentice candidates lived in, everything looks so pretty in the snow...


.......the garden committee have put up a Christmas tree with lights and everything too....

I'm really looking forward to our flats Christmas dinner tomorrow, we are having roastie lamb which is my favourite ever and I'm making all the trimmings too. I think L said we could have some of her birthday cupcake....


.....that R bought her for dessert and we have lots of crackers to go around. L and I are then off out to Whisky Mist for a night of dancing and a little drinking! Should be a fab Sunday.

Hope you are having a fab weekend?

Lots of Love

P.S. x

16 comments:

  1. Boo his flu!!!! But sounds like you've a great weekend planned anyway! That cupcake is EPIC!

    Burn the Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcake is soooooo cool, apparently you can get the molds from Robert Dyas .... I'm off up there later! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. urm... snowmen without me? this is simply not fair.
    crap about the flu, but it means you get to help me tonight. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can do snowmen again tomorrow there is plenty of snow! Eeeeerrr what am I helping you do tonight? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the snow pics London must look awesome in the snow we had snow here too (Surrey). Love your outfit you look super cozy enjoy your dinner tomorrow sounds yummyy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. you cram so much into a post - your a right busy bee !

    ReplyDelete
  7. so beautiful! love ur little dress! :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice dress;)

    http://www.mypointmystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. im really hating the snow right now x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that's some snow you have there! Too bad the Architect got the flu. Too bad for him I mean because I'm sure you are having a great weekend anyway! Looking forward to the food pics tomorrow! :)
    xxx

    http://stripesandscarlets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, Im sorry your date has the flu! :( You look adorable though. I love your hair. and you are so lucky for having so much snow! We havnt gotten any. :(

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear about the Architect! Did you schedule another date with him? I love your dress and the belt is really cute!! I can't wait to see all the delicious food you'll be posting next time! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. peppermint bark =] yumm. i wish it snowed where i live.

    nancyxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the snow!!!! makes xmas so different:)


    http://inablondeworld.blogspot.com/ check it out pls if you like it follow me:) you might find interesting stuff think:)x

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha the snowman made me laugh so much the other day, and i've just come back to comment and it made me laugh all over again!

    gahh i'm in such a chocolatty mood now.

    and now i know where you live MUHAHAHHAHAAHA. just kidding. that's not me rustling in the snowy bush :|

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading.